Tuesday, January 15, 2008

One day at a time...

Intuition is a bitch. It really is. I guess most people very often live by just following their intuition and doing things according to what feels good and avoiding things that don't. Add a small spice of rationality (especially if it's in line with intuition) and mid- to long-term perspective and I guess that might be quite a winning combination. Success follows, or something. But then there are the situations where intuition/feeling and rationality conflict. These include moral dilemmas, relationships, etc. I'm personally reminded again about why there are so many love songs and songs about lost love and so on in the world. The most popular subject of songs. And operas. And theater. And many other mediums. But my only hope is that through conflicts between rationality and intuition you just might be able to grow as a person. All extremes are always bad and I guess right now I'm oscillating between the ends, but the equilibrium just seems to be out of my grasp.

And with that, I'll leave you with a link to Leona Lewis's recent song. Yes, it's a list hit, apparently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are making an assumption that human rationality and intuition are acting as pure opposites. And that there is an inherent good and evil in things. I can say that in time it's easier to grasp the sort of equilibrium in life. :)

Many of your ideas are actually quite shared views. This isn't mine but I quess I could paste it to make some kind of point. :)

http://www.niksula.hut.fi/~sellonen/suomi.html