Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Clones

Bret Easton Ellis's American Psycho is a brilliant book. The movie is also more or less decent, but I would still urge everyone to read the book and possibly skip the movie. One of the more humorous parts in the book are the parts where Bateman and his friends desperately attempt to look unique and spend tons of effort on fine tuning their image--clothing, business cards, etc. Or it was funny up until I noticed that some guy at work had bought the Boss Black overcoat that I had been thinking of getting a while back. This intrigued me a bit and it turned out that about a quarter of the mens overcoats in the coat hangers on our floor were in fact Boss overcoats. I guess Boss isn't that prestigious as a brand as certain others (*cough*Savile Row*cough*), but I still like it. And apparently so do many other people. So much for uniqueness.

Oh, and the aforementioned parts in American Psycho are still funny, regardless...

No comments: