Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On deltas, again

I was watching the latest episode (S02E19) of Gossip Girl on Tuesday morning and I noticed that indeed the most interesting things in life often do revolve around change. We hosted a very interesting seminar at work where we benchmarked various things and there also the most interesting tidbits of knowledge were concerned with trends, or deltas and amounts of change over a time period.

As with benchmarking trends, Gossip Girl is also interesting because of the deltas. My favorite character from the start onwards was always Chuck, who on the surface is a very superficial and manipulative chap, but it was obvious from the beginning onwards that this setup would afford the most juicy character development prospects, at least from my perspective. And now with season 2, things have come true. I won't spoil anything for the Finns reading this blog who are following the series on Finnish television (and thus lagging 18 episodes), but I will say that right now Chuck's situation is interesting to say the least. And it's all thanks to the deltas.

No comments: