Monday, January 16, 2012

Some random thoughts on leadership


  • If I ever lead any type of project related to "strategies" or whatnots in the future, I'll force everyone in the team to read through the US Marine Corps' MCDP-1 Warfighting document. The thing I really like about the military blokes is that they have a very clear and concise, well focused way of thinking about issues. Clear definitions and clarity of thought. The problem I encounter these days more often than not is that people can't answer simple questions such as what the objective of a project is.
  • Related to the above, I think a certain degree of martial arts also supports with clarity and teaches the dynamics of competition really well. Additionally it also teaches that blocking hits with your head hurts and losing isn't too fun.

No comments: