Friday, February 23, 2007

Hideous card...

So I decided to join the 20th century... I've been a firm believer in the fact that I neither want nor need a credit card, but the plans to move abroad for a while essentially spawned the understanding that I would need to bend my principles a bit. So I went ahead and ordered a Visa from Sampo. Swell. They even let me pick the image I wanted on the card from a predefined set. I picked the black card. A simple, black card. No image. Just black. Neutral and stylish. And fairly often I wear at least something black, and at times I'm completely dressed in black. Simple decision, huh?

Well, the card arrived yesterday, and it was black. But it had these little sparkling bits on it. To sum it up, it was hideous. I was planning on actually starting to use the debit card features of it since they're a lot more widely supported than Visa Electrons, with which I'd been living before. But my god... The card looked so hideous that I don't think I can even take it out of my wallet, let alone pay with it.

So naturally, after a bit more than 24 hours of contemplation, I put in a new order for the same card but with the standard Sampo image on it. Hopefully it won't be glittery...

No comments: