Thursday, February 15, 2007

Phew... That was close!

I've been advocating this On Demand (with apologies to IBM...) lifestyle for a while. What this means in practice is that I don't keep any food at my flat, usually. If I get hungry, I go and get something to eat... On demand. Also works with other aspects of life.

Anyway, on my way back home from work, I decided to go get some müsli for the morning; I'd already picked up a box a while back but of course I had taken the wrong type; it was by some random company and tasted like crap. Anyway, got the right box of müsli and on a whim decided to actually get some chicken filets also. And by this point the people who know me must be shocked - me buying some raw materials which implies I'm going to cook! The horror...!

Long story short; I ended up cleaning my flat, doing the dishes and then, just before actually starting to cook I walked out, walked to the local Chinese restaurant and grabbed some takeaway food. Danger averted!

And on a completely different note; a small survival tip for anyone employed by N who happens to have a phone number that's exactly identical to a general telephone conference number and is different by only one number... Start blacklisting the phone numbers that most often call you (e.g. meeting room numbers, telephone switch numbers, etc.) and never answer anyone calling from any number you don't know if the phone rings on the hour or on the half hour. It's just one of these nice little things you learn to live with when you're at a large company...

No comments: