Sunday, August 31, 2008

Targets, 2H08

Well, I recently finished planning my targets for the second half of 2008 at work, and I guess to get things moving on other parallels as well, I should be setting my personal targets as well. So, in another test of my last year's method of listing my New Year's resolutions online, I'll try to put my targets for this half in my blog and also try to weekly report on how things are going. So, here goes...
  1. Pushups. Target of 100 consecutive pushups with a minimum of 75 pushups.
  2. Running. Target of 3km in 12 minutes and a minimum of 2.75km.
  3. Running. Target of 2 runs per week (average from now up until end of year) with a minimum of 1. To constitute as a run, the running time must be at least 30 minutes and the distance must be at least 5 kilometers.
  4. Gym. Target of 2.5 gym visits per week (average from now up until end of year) with a minimum of 2.
  5. Misc. Finish orthodontics and post-operation aspects by end of year. Due to difficulty in measurements, the target is to comply with expert guidance as strictly as possible.
  6. Misc. Finish treatment as planned with PA/Mehiläinen.
  7. School. Finish Physics 1B.
  8. School. Finish Accounting & Profitability intro course.
Granted, the targets, especially the ones at the end of the list, may not be especially difficult, but the point is that I need a list of something to do to keep me occupied. And at the same time I'm able to keep track of what tangible and concrete steps I'm taking. So in a way, the list is needed because it defines some fixed point against which I can track my own movement. But, I guess by the 31st of December I'll be able to reflect on this list again...

No comments: