Friday, December 26, 2008

Catastrophe!

As I previously noted, I was in London about a month or so back and it was a very nice trip, all in all (even though British Airways insisted on me checking in my James Smith & Sons umbrella, which in turn caused quite a bit of frustration). Anyway, things were fine up until today, when I figured out that I had horribly overlooked one little thing that I was supposed to additionally accomplish on the trip. And no, I'm not referring to the brunch with Natalie, which in the end didn't happen, unfortunately.


You see, more often when considering proper dress, I've always focused on what I wear outside the comfort of my home. Mostly because, well, I'm almost never at home. I've spent this Christmas at my parents' place in the countryside, and all the lounging about has proved a very fatal hole in my wardrobe, namely the lack of a proper dressing gown to lurk around in when not feeling ready to dress properly. Now, London ties into all of this in the way that Turnbull & Asser is one of the stores which, amongst other things, offers very decent dressing gowns. This is an even more sore subject as I did in fact visit Turnbull & Asser to get a nice and nifty ascot tie for myself, and entirely forgot about this gown issue. So now I will have to deal with the situation, one way or another. Of course if the pound sterling keeps on plummeting, I may as well make another nice trip to London later this winter to rectify this error. Otherwise I'll have to search around Helsinki to find nice dressing gowns, but I'm not holding my breath with this choice. I am, however, accepting all sorts of advice on where to solicit a nice dressing gown for myself...

And yes, it is Tom Ford sporting a very decent dressing gown in the photo above. And yes, I blatantly ripped the image from some site I can't remember which I found from Google's image search. So credit goes to whomever wants to claim ownership of the photo.

No comments: