Sunday, July 09, 2006

Corporate Strategy

It's summer, the semester is over, I passed all of the courses I took and now I'm working. Great. And as a matter of fact, I'm actually enjoying my current situation and that's a really big thing for me. Anyway, I went to grab something to eat downtown today and I of course had to go by Akateeminen (a big Finnish bookstore) and as typical, couldn't get out without buying anything... And this time a book named Exploring Corporate Strategy (Johnson, Scholes, Whittington) tagged along.

I have a choice coming up shortly on what I'm going to minor on. I want to read something from the Department of Industrial Engineering & Management and right now my two choices are either some minor from the lab of Work Psychology & Management or a minor from the Institue of Strategy and International Business. I talked to some people earlier in the year and it appears that possibly the most hated course in ISIB is PRISMA (or Principles of Strategic Management), so being the logical person that I am, I'm going to try to solve my problem concerning the minor by reading the course book for PRISMA and the based on that do my decision. *cough*chessslidesets*cough*

No comments: