Monday, July 10, 2006

My Life 2.0

It's amazing how the internet has spawned a new breed of people and what's equally amazing is the extent to which people go in sharing their life. With blogs, services like Last.fm and so on, soon you can have your entire life online. The corporate world seems to have also caught onto this trend and for example, what'd be better for Google than to provide everyday services for people and being able to analyze and build an incredibly precise profile of a single person.

Right now I have my personal calendar at Google, the music I play at Last.fm, my blog also at Google, my link list on del.icio.us and so on. And Nokia Research Center just published a port of the Apache web server for Symbian, so pretty soon you can host information about yourself from your mobile phone; you can share your contacts, your calendar, your availability information and so on right from your phone.

A while back I even played with the idea of putting up a persona wiki into which I'd write about me, my views, my relationships with other people and so on. Basicly a wiki to document my life. I soon scrapped that idea since I most likely wouldn't have any friends afterwards since some things are better left unsaid...

No comments: