Friday, July 21, 2006

Of nine-to-five days

Ever since the semester ended and work started, my social life has taken a nose-dive. After work I come home exhausted and just fall on the couch and stay there until I hit the sack. I can't really explain it. It's not like the work I do is that exhausting; it's a typical white collar job. And therein lies the problem, most likely.

Most of the year my official occupation is student. So I have lectures I go to, etc. But there aren't really any real obligations. Sure, I have to get N credits over the semester to get money from the government, but the required number of credits is so low that that's hardly a problem. And on any given day, I most likely am at school for two or three hours and then just hang around for the rest of the time. So that's the only reason I can think of why my days now consist of sleeping and working. But luckily school is starting again in a couple of months, so I'll be back on track to slacking off again...

No comments: