Friday, May 25, 2007

Airports

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I like airports. Then again, I don't fly that often, so I'm not that annoyed with them yet. And when I fly, I usually don't have any connections, so I don't have to sit 10 hours at the gate, waiting for my next hop. Flying itself I don't like. But the airports are sort of like true melting pots and hubs of life. At least during the daytime. You see all sorts of people, going about their lives. You see the business men in suits, scurrying to the lounges and fighting with Outlook and their laptops. Then there are the groups of people who're going on a trip and are getting into the mood by downing a couple of pints before the flight. And of course there are us, the lone travellers who are not on business, but nonetheless need to fly for some reason or another. And tons of other types of people too. It's fun to observe them as they go about their business of buying their tax-free products, catching a quick bite before the flight, brushing their teeth in the bathroom after being stranded at the airport for the night, and so on. But, time to go as the boarding is just about to commence...

No comments: