Sunday, May 20, 2007

Golf

It's the 9th or 10th season that I'm playing golf this summer. Can't quite recall. I started when I was at the seventh grade. Can't remember whether it was before or after the grade, but close enough, anyway. Last summer was sort of quiet on the golf front as I was mostly marooned at the office. I think I played something like five rounds then. I'm hoping to play a bit more this summer.

Golf is an interesting sport since I think that it's one of the most psychological games in the world. In the sense that it's all in your head. On a give day, everything might go perfectly. And then the day after, your swing all but disappears entirely. And everything in between. Granted, this problem could be alleviated to some extent by just playing more regularly and just more to get the routine. But still there are people, professionals, who just may lose their touch with the game all of a sudden and are then forced to retire.

I was already knocking a few balls on the range last Friday, and as typical, my swing was in a surprisingly good shape and out of 60-70 balls, I only hit one top, 4-5 quite off-center hits and the rest were average or good shots. But as typical, I'm also betting that come season, my game will have deteriorated to the usual hell that it was last summer. Going to go play my first round this morning, so...

No comments: