Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spring...

Spring this year, as always, is turning out to be very depressing. Or I don't know if it's just an excuse or the actual reason. In this current state I'm sort of indifferent to that, too. I guess in parts it has something to do with the extra light. Some people argue that winter is long, dark, and gloomy and that when spring arrives, they feel re-energized. I'm the opposite. Darkness is nice. It helps in covering up all the stuff you don't want to see.

If you're arranging a party of any sort, what's one of the worst things you can do when trying to set some sort of atmosphere? Turn the lights on at full strength. There's not a single person on earth who benefits from extra light. The light just helps bring out the faults in everyone. And everything. The room that was so nice the night before turns into a dusty and soulless place when the sun rises and sheds its light on all the untidyness which up until then seemed to just bring a certain romantic appeal to the situation.

It's sort of similar with everything. I think it may be universal, but mediocrity is quite possibly the worst thing in the world. I prefer the extreme ends of the scale. Mediocrity, at least for me, leads to apathy. To indifference. When everything is grey, there's no more black and white. And the lack of contrast annoys me. I've been told it has something to do with age. Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. The people who typically tell me that elevate themselves to a sort of upper ground by offering semi-nihilistic views. That's too easy.

I guess this is all pretty irrelevant and the point I'm trying to make is that I want to apologize to everyone who I may have offended or may offend in the near future. The spring never brings out the best in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

spring smell are nice. but rain smells are even better. and what about the smell of the air, when it snows?
:*