Sunday, January 07, 2007

Murphy's Law

Ok, now I'm calm again. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...

Backups. Everyone knows how important they are, and I'm actually a sort of minority who actually takes backups. Of some stuff. And luckily for me, my work laptop just said "Fan error" to me and refuses to boot. Ok, stuff like that happens. What's that got to do with Murphy's Law? Well, I have a workshop tomorrow, i.e. I won't be at the office. And what's nice is that I would've actually had some stuff I would've presented at the workshop. Add insult to injury and the fact that all my presentations and material that I've written isn't in my backup routines.

I just hope some service desk guy will be able to save me on Tuesday... I'd get drunk right now were it not for the fact that I have to be at some random place by 8 AM tomorrow...

No comments: