Friday, April 13, 2007

Polyphasic sleep redux

I think I touched up on polyphasic sleep in some earlier blog post. But I don't typically read my blog posts afterwards, so I can't be bothered to search for it. But I recall having thought about it earlier, too. Maybe I should seriously try to start tagging these posts...

Anyway, I've been thinking about polyphasic sleep again lately, and I recently found Steve Pavlina's blog entries on his experiences with polyphasic sleep. I have to say that right now I'm more than intrigued by the possibilities and opportunities offered by such a routine. One thing worries me about it, though. Well, ok, a couple of things. Firstly my diet right now isn't that healthy. I eat just about whatever junk I come across without much thouhgt. I think I'd need to adjust that and eat more healthy things if I were to try to adjust and reduce my sleeptime. Secondly, and this is somewhat related to the first issue, is that I think I would need to give up alcohol consumption. Again, that might not be such a bad move either, but...

Then there's also the issue regarding how to nap at work. I work in a cubicle farm, so I don't really have my own office or anything, so that might cause problems with being able to nap. Steve doesn't touch on this subject (or at least I didn't notice), and this might actually be a dealbreaker for me... Additionally I'd need to do the transition between monophasic to polyphasic sleep over a period of apparently two to three weeks and that would require a long-ish vacation... Oh well. Time to get back to the Principles of Strategic Management course books, since I'll be losing the reading time tonight as Istvan's throwing a goulash dinner.

No comments: