Sunday, June 17, 2007

Vacation

It's my first official vacation in a while. I took two weeks off and on Friday I flew to London (or Stansted...) only to take a train from Paddington to Falmouth on Saturday. Today was the first actual day when we were sailing, and as much fun as sailing is, I can't help it but I always sleep most of the time while on the boat. Today I helped in the typical tasks associated with leaving the docks and when we had gotten the sails out and the decks cleared of all the ropes, I fell asleep. I pretty much slept through the entire day and woke up to take part in the landing (or actually we're right now positioned in the middle of a river in a buoy). That said, today was fairly uneventful as the sailing was quite straight forward and not much trimming of the sails was required.

Anyway, vacations are weird. I'm just about ready to go back to work. I actually did take my work laptop and RSA SecurID card (for the VPN connection) with me, so I guess I could do some work and at least check my emails. The problem is that I know that I have about ~40 MBs of emails with attachments in my inbox right now and downloading them using the GPRS connection via the mobile phone would take ages. So I guess right now I'll just not check my work emails. I can still access my personal emails, though.

Oh well, I guess I could sleep a bit more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you really need a vacation...so...
Enjoy :*
(and don't forget the postcard! :D)