Monday, May 19, 2008

Feelings before the storm

Well, in a bit more than 24 hours I should be embarking on the quest to have my jaws spliced and diced a bit. And up until now I haven't really had time to think about it that much. The surgery itself has just been an annoying blip in the radar, something that forces me to temporarily skip work. But for the past couple of hours I decided, for some unknown reason, to read a bit about the experiences of some other people who've gone through or are starting to go through the same process as me. Interestingly enough it seems that most of the people writing are women and most of them are complaining about all types of complications that have arisen.

It's only now for the first time that I've actually thought about the fact that maybe I won't be fully up to speed again in two weeks time and maybe this thing will take a bit longer. And that is an incredibly annoying thought, since I really want to get back to work. Being idle is not fun and the end of 1H08 is coming up and I still need to earn my bonuses.

So, to sum up some feelings, I'm not really worried about the surgery. But I am worried and annoyed about the possibility that things will take time. Oh well, time to go face the (preliminary) music in about 7 and a half hours, so I might as well sleep a bit before that.

No comments: