Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hell desk

The past couple of weeks have been hectic, to say the least. Trying to balance fulltime work and school leaves fairly little spare time, so I was looking forward to spending this week by just lying on the couch in Salo. To further increase my chances of being able to just stare at the ceiling and relax, I even left my laptop and course books in Helsinki. And what happened...?

My brother had been building a new computer for himself and I'd promised to throw his broken motherboard to a shop in Helsinki to have it changed under warranty. And of course in the end I had to build the machine for him. Yay! And an additional bonus was when I discovered that another one of the machines at my folks' place had been infected rather thoroughly with viruses of whatever types. This being Windows we're talking about, it was just a lot more simpler to format+reinstall Windows and have everything solved that way. So not quite the relaxing weekend I had in mind.

Luckily I did have time today to quickly drive over to Turku to have coffee with a friend of mine. And as a general note, don't get the Chef's Salad over at Börs if you're in Turku. It's not worth the money and it was in fact quite apalling, to say the least. You can get better salads for cheaper from Cafe Esplanad in Helsinki, for example.

No comments: