Thursday, September 07, 2006

The 'This Year' Syndrome

It's that time of year again... Every autumn when it's time to go back to school I, like so many others, vow that this year will be different from the ones before. That this year I'll practice more self-discipline than ever before, reach the stars, etc.

So naturally the best way to start is cleaning the flat. Which I more or less did (well, ok, I still need to wipe the dust off of all the books as well as wash the toilet and the bathroom...). I also got rid of about 15 kilograms of paper. All of the notebooks, lecture slides, exams, exercises, and so ons from last year. And I must say, I should try to keep the flat in better shape. Additionally I think I need to get more folders and try to keep all the papers in order as it turns out that I've archived all of the bills and other important pieces of paper from 1999 onwards in a storage mechanism known as a heap (sorry, couldn't resist the comp.sci. humor...) and by separating bills from the papers from the bank from the tax stuff and so on into their separate heaps, things would become a lot more tidy and I might actually find something should I need to. Oh well, perhaps next year. Or the year after that...

No comments: