Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Speaking in public

As I previously mentioned, my contract is getting extended. Yay! Well, today at work I was tasked with giving a presentation on wikis and what we're doing with them in front of a decently large group of people (50+) . To say the least, I'm a bit nervous. The only presentations I've held have been the ones at school and those have been on the lines of "I don't really care how they go since they won't really affect anything." But this is the first (of hopefully many) presentations about a real subject in front of real people in a real life environment. Oh, and of course I get to type up a bunch of PowerPoint slides, which is always nice.

My ThinkPad was also shipped today, although it appears that the seller got it to the post office late in the afternoon, so I guess I'll get it on Friday at the earliest. Bugger...

No comments: