Monday, October 02, 2006

Who said getting to work was easy, anyway...

As said, my old contract ended last Friday and my new contract began today. And of course things didn't go very smoothly. I came to work a bit after nine and just walked in as normal. Then when I got to the fourth floor and tried to enter the actual working spaces, it turned out that my access rights to the building had been revoked. Well, luckily social engineering is easy and I just waited a while and followed someone else who happened to go through the door.

It turns out that even though my contract had been renewed, all of the systems hadn't been updated and that in turn ment that I had indeed lost my access rights on Friday. Luckily I still had our HR contact's contact information in my phone and I got her to bully my access rights back from the security guys. Only to have them expire again in the afternoon. And after a few emails I got them back again. Can't wait to see if I can still get to work tomorrow or not.

Oh, and I'll be having my first day off from work this Wednesday (I'm working 20 hour weeks from now on, so I can focus more on my studies and actually have a couple of days out of the office a week. Yay!) and to celebrate I thought I'd go get some sushi.

No comments: