Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cufflinks

Can't remember if I've noted this before, but cufflinks are quite possibly the best things in the world. They're the extra mile towards differentiating yourself from the masses. Especially useful for work-related things. And especially disregarded and ignored by most. But nonetheless, I think that in certain situations it's extremely important to quietly give out the message that you're the type of person who also focuses on the small details on the quest to perfection.

An interesting statistic which I've come across in the past six or seven months is that just about all management consultants appear to wear double cuffs and cufflinks, about half of the venture capitalists I've seen wear double cuffs and cufflinks, and just about no ICT consultant wears cufflinks. Naturally the situation may be different, but this is just something I've noticed recently when looking at the appearance of the people who've been lecturing to us at school or at work-related seminars. Also gives some food for thought; at least I'll be wearing cufflinks to all future interviews...

No comments: