Friday, March 30, 2007

Music

Music is such a wonderful thing. I'll offer a guess that just about everyone will agree with that. But I've noticed an interesting thing with myself. I don't even know what the current top-40 list looks like. Haven't known for quite a while. It seems that I'm stuck in the 90ies. But being stuck in some decade or some specific genre doesn't mean that you're stuck in a one single thing (like the people who wear through their favorite CDs). It's unbelievable how much music has been written. And the network that is created by just following one artist to another keeps on growing and growing. I was recently writing how brilliant Craig Armstrong's stuff is. Well, I just recently stumbled upon E.S. Posthumus, and it's sort of craigarmstrong-esque, but still have their own sound. Granted, they started in the early '00s, but still. I'm guessing that over 80% of the stuff I listen to and continue to find is from the 90ies, although the balance is beginning to shift a bit more to "contemporary" music now that I've been attracted to Amie Street and the like.

No comments: