Sunday, March 18, 2007

Thesis troubles...

Haven't blogged in a while as I've been fairly busy on quite a few fronts. Schoolwise I've been juggling quite a few balls in the air at the same time. I finally got everything done for the Management of a Software Company course I was on. The course was actually quite interesting and the exercises were very good - although they did take some time as you had to actually look into them before just typing away 15 pages of text. Then there was the Stanford Prison Experiment paper for the Basics of Work Psychology and Leadership. And the plans and preliminary reports for the Multimedia Technology course. And then of course the thesis...

The thesis is actually turning into something of a problem. I have a feeling that my scoping has gone terribly wrong. I decided to embark on a venture to look into the motivators and challenges associated with IT outsourcing and then conclude by looking at how the motivators and challenges change when the outsourcing company is an SME. All nice and smooth, right? Wrong.

I think the scope right now is way too broad and I'm getting swamped with material. Additionally I don't want to touch the scope anymore since that would require even more time more digging for material, and I don't have any extra time. Then there is the completely idiotic requirement that the thesis has to be written in Finnish. Come on! There are like two papers written in Finnish about it and the terminology is in English! How the heck do you translate offshore outsourcing into Finnish in the first place? What about motivator? I mean, this is just plain stupid. I guess I could go on and on and on, but instead I won't. Sufficient to say, I think I'm quite deep in shit right now.

No comments: