Sunday, August 19, 2007

Helsinki City Marathon 2008

Ok, the competition is on! I just made a wager with a friend of mine that I'd beat him in next year's Helsinki City Marathon. The wager is over a bottle of Dom Perignon, which should act as a nifty little motivator for me. Now, unfortunately for me, the aforementioned friend of mine has in fact run the marathon before in a bit less than 4.5 hours and is looking to drop about 20 minutes off, at least. And I think I might be able to run 10 kilometers without dying, but that's pushing it a bit. So I guess I'll have to start reading a bit on how to train for a marathon and maybe set some goals for before. On a related note, another friend of mine has been running half-marathons and is currently aiming for this year's RuisRääkki.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish i was there to see you running for this marathon! Good luck! ;)