Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Training

Picked up a Suunto t4 yesterday after work to help with my recently described new project. It seems like a rather nifty gadget and I actually went for a run last night to test it out. The results were quite appalling. Not in terms of the t4 itself; it worked brilliantly. But it's quite harsh to notice how shitty a shape you're actually in. Plus I was running way too hard (and my heartrate was way too high). I think right now the best plan of action is to try to increase stamina by running longer runs with lower heartrates. Or I guess I could just follow whatever the machine suggests, thanks to its coach feature. I'll report on it more later when I actually learn how to properly use it.

Oh, and I guess I'll have to start tracking my progress and to further motivate myself, I think I'll need to start posting some hard facts about the so-called training. I was thinking that on every Sunday night I'd do a brief recap of how the week went by. I don't really feel like typing up stuff after every jog, since that's too much of a burden for me and wouldn't necessarily motivate me that much.

No comments: