Monday, August 27, 2007

Last week's exercise

Ok, I promised to start writing summaries at the end of every week, so here goes...

On Tuesday I jogged from Lauttasaari to the offices in the evening to have a sauna and also to try out the heartrate monitor. The results were devastating; my average heartrate was 177 and maxed out at 195. The jog itself was a bit over half an hour, but I was running way to fast.

On Wednesday I tried again, this time I jogged around Lauttasaari, trying to keep a lower heartrate. I somewhat succeeded, but this time the average was about 160 and maxed out at 185, so not that much better. The run was an hour and ten minutes, and I'm starting to conclude that jogs like this are not very smart and I should seriously work towards keeping a lower heartrate.

After those two jogs the coach feature on the Suunto t4 told me to lay off all exercise until this Tuesday to recover from the jogs -- a good suggestion, most likely. I was able to avoid exercise up until today when I just had to do a small set at the company's gym. Didn't have the monitor on, so I guess this constitutes as cheating the coach... Anyway, the coach is suggesting a short, 25 minute exercise with minimum heartrates for tomorrow, but I was thinking that maybe I should skip that and do a longer walk around Lauttasaari on Wednesday and seriously work on keeping the heartrate below 120 or something. We'll see.

No comments: