Friday, September 07, 2007

Cars

I might've touched upon this subject already, but oh well. Anyway, a while back I had an interesting discussion about cars with a friend of mine. I personally like cars like the BMW 3-series (the sedans) and the Audi A4/S4 lines. My friend, however, didn't. Apparently they are too common, boring, and so on. I guess I sort of agree with that, but that's precisely why I like them so much. From a technological standpoint they are brilliant German cars. The brands are very strong and communicate this certain sense of reserved style (more so with the Audi these days). And then when you slap in a big engine and trim the car a bit overall, you get a car that behaves brilliantly, goes fast, and is incredibly understated. I don't want a car to pose in that much (well, ok, I wouldn't mind have an Aston...). That said, cars are always in the end about passion and feeling instead of rationality, and in that sense I guess the BMW/Audi axis of brands are what attracts me personally. And car-wise I like the smaller cars that are more discrete and less bling than the bigger ones. I wonder if that makes me a boring person who lacks imagination entirely. Chances of that are quite big now, I suppose.

3 comments:

kivxz said...

For you my friend, I got three digits: 159.

Unknown said...

Tuomo: Here is a compromise for you. German Reliability and the ability to zoom past anything else on the road
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs4.asp

ttj said...

draz: I'm quite aware of said car. The problem was that I was discussing somewhat realistic cars; the RS4 has a price tag of, well, a lot. ;)