Saturday, September 22, 2007

Late-night runs

Just got back from the first run since last Sunday. Das infernal maschine has downgraded my level and is now offering less exercise per week, but fortunately I know better. I think it might just be better to listen to the machine and try to finally get around to keeping rates down and stuff. But where's the fun in that? Instead I got myself a copy of The Crystal Method's Drive: Nike+ Original Run and ran a rather sweaty 40-minute jog. And I'm certain that the machine will shout at me, but I planned to hit the company gym tomorrow (or later today, in fact). Eat that, you silly technical contraption! I'll kill myself with this training routine or die trying, and no machine will stop me! :)

Oh, and the aformentioned Crystal Method album is actually quite brilliant. I guess I'll need to start looking into making some playlists for jogs, since it really seemed that I the rates were following the tempo of the music. Maybe I can try to influence my training intensity this way, since it's apparent that staring at the monitor doesn't help me one bit.

No comments: