Monday, September 17, 2007

The Training. Updated.

Ok, I've been seriously neglecting to post updates on my jogging project. I guess mainly because there's nothing really to report. My last couple of weeks have mainly contained about two jogs a week; typically once around the island and then one shorter one. And then gym with low weights and a high number of reps once a week. So business as usual. And I'm still having trouble controlling the heartrate, but I guess I haven't really tried either.

Last night I went for another jog around the island, this time without cutting any corners so that makes it about 13ish kilometers. A friend of mine joined me, but alas he appears to be in much better shape than what I am in and he was setting the pace. Granted, 13 kilometers in a bit less than 60 minutes is not that bad, but the heartrate was all over the place and at the end I don't know if I could've kept the pace up at all. The Suunto t4 (unofficially dubbed as das infernal maschine) has been whining at me again telling me to do exercises with lower heartrates and as a result of last night it has banned me from exercising for the next five days. Fortunately I know better and it's gym day tomorrow. Then maybe try a bit of walking on Thursday.

No comments: