Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Scratch that, then...

Ok, so the plan about getting a new phone will have to be scratched. Even though a new phone would be nice, my primary computer, an IBM ThinkPad T21, has just died, it seems. Very annoying but by no means that surprising or catastrophic. Luckily I just keep my important files all over the place on multiple computers. Even Murphy's Law can't destroy computers at three different locations (and additionally the backup mechanisms that are at place at the school) and simultaneously destroy all of the DVDs. I hope. *knock on wood*

So anyway, I don't think I can live without a computer and for the past couple of days I've been just surfing around and looking for a new laptop. All the machines I'm interested in start from roughly EUR 2 000, which is a bit too much for a student. I've also been following Apple and an interesting venue would be to get a MacBook for roughly EUR 1 100 and then selling it next spring and get something else. The hardware seems ok and I'm fairly interested in seeing the much hyped Mac OS X in action.

No comments: