Tuesday, August 29, 2006

School's starting...

Yep, so school's starting once again and the new batch of freshmen will be arriving sometime this week (Wednesday?) and officially the semester will be beginning in two weeks or so. This autumn appears to have the potential to become a rather interesting one. My original contract at N was until the end of September, so I'll have to work slightly longer days so that I can catch at least a couple of hours of lectures each week. And even then I guess I have to play a bit of catch-up.

I've met tons of interesting people at work this summer, too. Many other trainees. And I have to say that right now my motivation to continue my studies is higher than it has been in quite a while. I've been in the incredibly lucky position to witness what it's like in The Real World this summer and gotten more insight on what exactly it is that I want to do when I "grow up". As a result I have a bunch of courses from the Dept. of Industrial Engineering & Management this autumn, and this might prove to be a fairly good and interesting thing in at least two ways. Firstly, it'll offer something slightly different from the Comp. Sci. & Engineering courses I've been doing for the past two-three years and will hopefully provide further motivation. And secondly the structure of the courses is different from the courses of last year in the sense that they focus more on exams based on books and an occasional exercise here and there instead of having endless hours of lectures and exercises. Oh, and that's a good thing since it might allow me to think about the possibility of a part-time job...

No comments: