Monday, July 23, 2007

Neighbors

One of my upstairs neighbors is trying to kill me by getting my blood pressure to rise, I swear. I think his/her only mission in life is to keep the elevator on the fifth floor. I've come to my flat three times today (once in the morning to drop my stuff off before work, then in the afternoon to drop my briefcase off and get the voucher that allowed me to get my DVDs from the post office and then again when I got back from the post office) and every time the elevator has been on the fifth floor. I'm going to go grab some beers tonight and when I come back home later in the evening, the elevator will be on the fifth floor. Mark my words.

Update: I came home last night: 5th floor. I left for work this morning (at around 8 AM, so I wasn't the first to leave from the building); 5th floor. What the hell is going on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perchance is the 5th floor the top floor? Could be its default setting, or, and a much more fun alternative for readers of your blog, you now have a Nemesis!!

ttj said...

Yep, the 5th is the top floor. And no, the elevator is so old that it doesn't have any fancy features like that. The only way it moves is if someone presses a button. :)