Sunday, July 22, 2007

Where has the time gone?

Haven't blogged in a while. Again. Pretending to be busy and important. Again.

It's funny how everyone seems to be in a hurry all the time. It's actually quite easy to fill your calendar with all sorts of things and then pretend that you're "busy and important". But for 99% of the cases, I would say that that's nothing but a facade. People want to seem busy to prove that there's some sort of reason for their existance. But by looking at the way people carry out their days, if people truely wanted to be efficient, they could cut a ton of bullshit out by just arranging things better and more intelligently and by reducing all sorts of silly activities which serve no real purpose but where they put tons of effort. I use "they", but I guess I should instead be talking about "us". Just some two cents; of course this may again be a mood swing and I want to feel cynical and poke fun at things like this.

One good place to see "busy and important" people is at work. Someone once described that people in the Keilaniemi campus seem to be walking around that much faster and that the tempo is also faster. Can't comment since my experience of large companies and the difference between HQs and other centers isn't that big.

Oh, but I did play three over par for the front nine this evening. Still need to get a new bag since my old one sort of broke (it's about 7 years old).

And finally, I started working on my thesis again! Moved the scoping around a bit again and ditched the SME focus. Now I'm thinking of looking at the motivators and challenges in general and breaking the types of outsourcing projects into four fundamentally different groups using my own framework of looking at who initiates the outsourcing activity and what the actual scope of the activity is (typically the size; is it corporate-level or just project-level?). I guess now I'm out of excuses and will need to also start blogging about the progress of my thesis more actively. Just to show that I'm actually doing something with that.

No comments: